8 Jul 2016

Customer satisfaction-I

In this posting, I want to write about what I experienced on customer satisfaction in one of the leading retail brands of India a few weeks ago.

It was a Sunday and we were going shopping after a long gap.  As we approached the shop, like a radio that got tuned to a particular frequency, I started thinking if there would be parking or not since finding parking space is little difficult on Sundays. I had a relief when I found parking space and there were enough parking space for few more cars.

The shopping experience was good and the shopping included few jeans that needed alteration to reduce the height. This particular retail shop does this alteration very well to ensure that the original look is retained when they alter the height. So I had no doubt that they could do it well. We've given the jeans.  

Find below the sequence of events / interactions that I had with them to get this particular work done.

1) In the Alteration counter, there was no measurement tape which was not disappointing.  I told them that we could measure and let them know which we did the same day over the phone.  We were asked to come after a week to collect the altered Jeans.

2) When we went to collect if after a week, I found that the alteration was not done properly. They've done it like a normal trouser and original stitching finish was not there.  When enquired stating that this is not how it's done in your showroom and I’ve got it done many times in their other showrooms, the customer care person in the counter responded immediately that this particular shop does not have the machine required to do that kind of original alteration finish. When I looked at all the jeans, I found that one of them was altered correctly. When I pointed this out, he was "not" feeling embarrassed and told me to come after a week to collect the other two jeans. I did not say anything and left saving his embarrassment.

3) In the following week, I made a phone call to ensure that the jeans are ready for pick-up. When I went there, to my surprise, they said, the jeans are in the godown and they said sorry and asked me to collect it tomorrow. I've requested for door delivery since I live in the nearby place and moreover I’ve come couple of times, I could not collect my jeans for no fault of mine.  They said yes.

4) The next 3-4 days, I did not get to hear and no door delivery was done. 

5) After this, I called them in the evening and asked them to deliver it before end of the day. I told them more than few times that I needed it before end of the day. They said they could do it. I was waiting till 9.30 PM, first waiting to hear the calling bell and then looking at the road from my balcony but there was no sign of their arrival. I called them again just to hear their excuse again that they could not do it for some unexpected reason. This was real test of my patience. I told them that this time I am going to escalate it to their store manager. They just kept quiet. Even after this, to my surprise, I did not get my jean for about 4-5 days.

6) When I escalated this to the store manager, she was very quick to respond and got the remaining two jeans door-delivered the same day night. However, one of the jeans was still not altered correctly and I had to return it.

7) The next day evening, I called up the store manager who was aware of the problem and ensured that it would be ready in an hour. I went and collected it after an hour myself since I had some work near that retail shop.

How would you want to rate this experience of mine and have you ever come across a bad customer experience, as bad as this? What do you think has gone wrong here? Mind you, it's one of the top Retail showrooms in India?

In my next post, I will write about a good customer satisfaction that I "unexpectedly" experienced and I want to compare both and share my thoughts on customer satisfaction and HRs role in this.

Do stay connected. Happy weekend.

diD yOU enJOY ReADinG ThIS ArTIcLE? 
                                  If yES, 
yOU maY sHAre it wiTH Your FriENds tOO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your time and feedback..!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My HR Blog